MS HLP Permalloy magnetic position sensor
|Order Code: ||MS32|
||E-mail this page|
||Print this page|
|Download PDF file|
|Min. Order:||0 |
|Supplier:||TE Connectivity |
You are not logged in. Please Login or register to view prices and order online.
The MS32 is a magnetic field sensor which is built in the form of a Wheatstone bridge. Each of its four resistors is made from Permalloy, a material that shows the anisotropic magneto resistance effect.
A unidirectional magnetic field in the surface parallel to the chip (x-y plane) along the y-axis will deliver a field dependent output signal. A magnetic switching point, which is almost independent on temperature, is typically set to Hs=1.85 kA/m. In addition, the characteristic curve is linear over a wide magnetic field range. Thus, the MS32 simplifies the adaptation of the sensor to different mechanical and magnetic environments.
The sensor die is packaged in a modern TDFN package.
• Sensor based on solid state magneto resistance effect
• Unipolar signal output
• Linear field response
• High sensitivity, low hysteresis
• Temperature compensated switching point
• Low power consumption due to high bridge resistance
• Supply voltage up to 30 V allowed
• Long life expectancy
• Small TDFN package
• Contactless position (presence, open/close) detection in industrial/consumer/automotive industries
• Small stroke pneumatic cylinders
• Cover positions of notebooks, mobiles and other hinged products.
• Potential replacement for magnetic reed switches, particularly in repetitive applications.
Industries: Transportation, General Industry, Consumer Goods